7 Reasons You Should Not Give Him Your Phone Number
Either I am becoming much better at predicting the future or I have just been through so many dating disasters that I am wiser. Either way, I want to pass along my wisdom to you, dear Goddess.
There is not a single time that I venture out of my home and a man does not approach me for a chance to gain my attention and be a part of my life. When I am in a good mood, I hear them out, but I usually know within 2 minutes that they are not a good fit for me.
I used to feel sorry for them and try to lower my standards because I felt that no one would ever be all that I want. After careful consideration I came to understand that, if I am going to attach myself to a man, it should be someone that I really like and not someone that I am settling for. If I can reach certain levels on my own, why can’t I believe that a man can achieve those things as well?
I reject men all of the time, quickly and easily because I am much too busy to be any man’s support system. I am doing a great job of supporting myself and he should be on the same level.
Today I want to share with you 7 Reasons Why You Should Not Give Him Your Phone Number so that you will understand the destructive motivations behind the different ways men approach you and you too, can weed out the bad seeds without questioning yourself.
1. He asks you to come to him to have a conversation. If a man wants to speak to you, he should walk over to you to do so. If he is hanging out of his car and calls out to you, ignore him. If he can get you to walk over to him when he calls out to you, he can tell that you are submissive and will do whatever else he asks of you.
2. He immediately asks for help with something. Instead of expressing a genuine interest in getting to know you (or simply telling you how beautiful you are) some men will stupidly pretend to need your help so they can appeal to your nurturing side. If a man needs help from you as soon as he meets you, he’s looking for a mother, not a partner.
3. He mentions ‘God’ within the first 5 minutes of speaking with him. This is also an underhanded manipulative tactic that men use. They believe that by telling you that they have ‘faith’ or ‘God’ in their life, you will trust them. A person who is really grounded in their faith does not need to express it verbally; you can tell by the way they interacts with the world.
4. He is eager to tell you about his material possessions or his ‘good job’. He thinks he is going to win you over by dangling his salary or material toys in your face, but he is really saying that he is not good enough to be with without trying to buy your attention. In fact, most men who brag about their material wealth, will probably not share any of it with you. When a man decides to spoil you, he will do it without announcing it.
5. He tells you a sob story. Everyone has gone through rough times but a man who introduces himself by sharing his troubles is attempting to see if you are a rescuer. There should never be a time when you see a man who is struggling and you think- All he needs is a woman who will believe in him. Fuck him. You don’t want a man to pull up, motivate or push. You want a man who is just as satisfied with life and capable of handling adversities as you are. Never attempt to rescue a man; you will wind up drowning with him
6. He complains about his exes. A man who immediately shares horror stories about a past lover is a person who enjoys being in pain. He is not complaining about the damage that was done, he is bragging about it and he is hoping you will offer him the same treatment. Don’t believe me? Give him a chance and treat him with respect. He will NEVER love you unless you offer him the same bad treatment that his ex did. It is likely that he has had good relationships or at least one person who has treated him with love in the past. The fact that he does not mention it, but instead mentions the bad romances indicates that he is more passionate about that kind of treatment.
7. He is too focused on getting your number. When a man approaches a woman, his goal should be to gauge whether he wants to get to know her more. If he is rushing to get your number instead of asking you things about yourself, he is probably the type that collects and discards relationships easily.
You have every right to say No to a man’s advances. You should say No to all men who do not meet your standards. Saying No often does not indicate that you will be alone for the rest of your life, it simply indicates that you recognize your value and you understand that your time and attention should not be given to just anyone.
You are not a rescuer. You are not a savior. You are not a play toy.
You are a Goddess. Your attention is a gift. Keep it to yourself until a man shows that he deserves it by treating you as though he will lose out if he does not keep you happy.